My niece's birthday is a big deal around here. We go all out. When she was old enough to have a "sleepover," only the best invitations would suffice. So, I made her mini pillow and pillowcase invitations.
I love that the invitation can be re-used as a pillow for the girls' Monster High Dolls. The girls LOVED them.
Here's what you need for each pillow and pillowcase:
- 7" x 9" piece of patterned cotton fabric
- 4" x 11" piece of flannel fabric (solid of stripes)
- scissors, thread, pins, and sewing machine
2. Fold in half with right sides together. The folded over seam from step 1 is on the top. It's the opening to your pillowcase. Now, stitch the side and bottom closed.
3. Flip and Voila! Your mini pillow case is done.
2. Fold the top edge over on each side by 3/8 inch and pin. See above and below photos.
3. Stitch down the left and right sides. Leave top open so we can stuff it.
4. Almost done. Turn right side out. Stuff. Pin closed keeping that 3/8 fold inside.
5. Top stitch it closed and you are done.
Here it is all put together. Cute alert!
Thanks for visiting the Vintage Sheet Blog today. Click on the tutorials tab up top for lots more ideas.
You can read more about the decorations and favors that I made for her party here. I made everything with a single thrifted sheet, with fabric to spare.
What do you like to craft for the kids in your life? Leave me a comment, I'm interested.