- Heart Pattern (see below)
- White felt (sold by the yard)
- Red and white vintage fabrics (a yard total)
- 14 1" Buttons
- 7 3" pieces of 1/2" ribbon
- Sewing Machine, needle, and thread
- Pinking Shears, scissors, and rotary cutter
1. Make heart pattern. Fold a piece of 12" x 12" scrapbooking paper in half and draw this:
Cut along line and unfold.
2. Make Fabric Hearts. Lay pattern on felt and cut out using scissors or rotary cutter. Repeat until you have 6 white hearts cut out. Do the same with the red and white fabric. Time-saving Tip: you may be able to cut through multiple layers of fabric at once.
3. Pin. Place a red/white heart on top of a felt heart and pin around the outside with the right side facing up. Place one pin in the middle.
4. Sew. Sew all the way around each heart with a 3/8 inch (or wider) seam. Do this for all 6 hearts.The hearts do not need to perfectly match up because we will trim them. Just use your top piece as a guide.
5. Trim Hearts. Using your pinking sheers, cut all the way around the outside of each heart. The width from the stitching doesn't matter as long as you don't cut the stitches.
6. Attach hearts. Using a needle and thread (I used red thread) connect the hearts with a ribbon on the back and buttons on the front.
You'll do the pointy ends (of the heart) together and then rounded ends together.
This is how the rounded edges are attached.
Attach all the hearts and you are done. You can make your runner longer or shorter but make an even number of hearts.
Thank you for stopping by the Vintage Sheet Blog today. Do you love Valentine's Day as much as me? I have some other Love Day tutorials in the works plus, a Valentine's Day Printable.
I'm sharing the love:
Friday Pin Me Link Party Palooza Home Matters Pretty Pintastic Creative Collection Best DIY Skip the Housework Inspiration Spotlight Scraptastic Show Me Show and Tell Freedom Fridays No Rules Craft Frenzy Pin Junkie Frugal Friday
Saturday Sunday Features Think Pink Found and Foraged
Monday Motivation Monday Bewitching Projects Creative Mondays Craftastic MMM Block Party Frugal Crafty Home
Tuesday Talented Tuesday Awesome Things Too Cute Vintage Inspiration Party in your pjs Retro Repins
Wednesday Wow Us Hump Day Happenings Worthwhile Wordless Wednesday Pin Worthy Wow Me Your Whims
Thursday On Display Inspiration Gallery Weekend Retreat Share Your Cup