The Dilemma: Body pillows are cozy but don't come with covers. The covers available online do not match your style or your bedding.
The Solution: Make your own. It's easy.
This is the body pillow without a cover.
To Make the Cover, You'll Need
2 standard size pillowcases
What to do:
1. Cut off the top of one pillowcase (the cuff.)
2. Cut off the bottom 1/2 inch of the other pillowcase. Turn this one inside out.
3. Line up the cut seams so the cut part of pillowcase 1 meets the cut part of pillowcase 2. Follow diagram.
4. Pin cut seams together. Make sure that the pillowcase side seams match up.
5. Stitch with a serger or use a straight stitch finished with a zig zag. Flip right side out and you are done.
Notes: For a longer body pillow, you may need to use 2 king size pillowcases. Just place your two pillowcases on top of your body pillow before sewing to see how it will fit.
Thank you so much for stopping by the Vintage Sheet Blog today. I have lots more tutorials that you can see by clicking on the tab at the top of the blog. Please follow me in some way so you will know when I post more tutorials.
I'm sharing with some really fun link parties:
Tuesday Party in your pjs Hump Day Happenings Too Cute Tweak it Talented Tuesday Awesome Things Treasure Box Procrastination Teach Me Take a Look Handmade Tuesdays Totally Terrific
Wednesday Wordless Wednesday Creative Spark Wow Us
Thursday Treasure Hunt Great Ideas Thursday Lovely Little Link Share Your Cup On Display
Friday Freedom Fridays Pin Worthy Paula's No Rules Craft Frenzy Weekend Re-treat Show and Tell
Best DIY Projects and Recipes Creative Collection Pinworthy Projects
Saturday Reasons to Skip the Housework My Favorite Things Scraptastic Found and Foraged DIY Showcase Show me Saturday Think Pink
Monday Inspiration Monday Sew Many Ways Keeping it Simple Sew Can Do Creative Mondays Your Designs This Time Lou Lou Girls Brag About It